Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sakuracon 2013 - Kaonashi: a ghost without a face

Apologies!  It's been too long since I've posted.  I'm going to motivate myself to post about my research at least twice a month.  I know I've said that before, but here's hoping I stick to it.  ^_^

As usual, I had a blast at Sakuracon 2013.  I really applaud the folks that put on this convention.  I've been going without fail since I moved to the Puget Sound.

I only gave one panel this yearIt's titled, Ghost without a face: exploring Hayao Miyazaki's Kaonashi/No-Face. Kaonashi literally translates as without face.  He is such a fascinating and baffling character I could help but get side-tracked into researching the possible historic/contemporary the influences that inspired his creation.  Here are the notes and slides from my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment